Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday- NO Brakes!

Kurt had an adventure in driving today. A part fell off his air line- probably from the 206,000 miles Kurt has logged in the last 18 months == or those railroad tracks we bottomed out on when we were driving around Chicago last week. Anyway- today as Kurt was driving downhill on Donner Pass in CA the part disintegrated, the air pressure dropped and he had no brakes!!!



Next time you see him be sure to ask him for the whole story. The soft version that he gave to me over the phone was "it was bad- but it could have been worse--I was getting one pump on the brake sporadically- and luckily I wasn't in a real steep place--and I managed to get her stopped in a rest area and repair it myself enough to get into Sacramento."
I think there may be more to the story-- but I an not sure I want to know.

1 comment:

Jack Shaft said...

Hey guys, loved this blog. I went through the whole thing. It was fabulous. I always wondered what it was like being a Long haul driver. The scenery was great. Keep up the good work. You also write well and tell a story well.
Jack