Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Farewell Tour- two days to go!

We woke up in Wyoming this morning-after a night that was cool enough that we didn't have to run the air conditioning. Kurt started driving before sunrise and I vowed to stay in the bunk until the sun was in our mirrors- So here is my first morning view.....

We crested the high point on I-80 in Wyoming- about 8600 feet in elevation. The Lincoln head pass cuts through these cool looking rocks. They are so weather-worn and tilted it looks like several of the boulders are going to fall at any moment.

We stopped for fuel and showers at Little America. This might be our last fill-up so I took a picture. Sure glad we don't have to pay that fuel bill!.....

We made a stop for groceries during the day and then feasted on grilled hamburgers and salad in the truck for dinner. I used an extension cord so I could set up the George Foreman grill outside beside the truck- cooked enough burgers for tonights meal and lunch tomorrow. Kurt was a happy camper..............

1 comment:

Gentian said...

That's over a month ago now! What's going on in your life these days - new job, house fixing-up, etc?